Thursday 28 August 2008

Starry, starry night

- Prick up your ears. Give your eyes away to the glittery twilight and focus on the sounds.

He said that as if it were a most pleasant experience but all I could think of was the family of hypothetical bears I knew were waiting for us to fall asleep so they could sharpen their claws on our bodies.
What was I thinking when I said yes?

When you lead a vestal life such as mine and get tired of people giving you that over-the-counter look that you get when you're buying a bottle of wine and a meal for one on Valentine's day, you might find some attraction in an offer to go for a pick-nick made by the DIY shop assistant in your local supermarket.

- Lovely. Can we go back into town now? I have a jub jub to feed.
- Oh, no, let's stay here for a little longer: there's nothing more beautiful than a flight of doves in the sunrise.

SUNRISE? You expect me to stay here all night in lumber land? So first you turn the ride into the Camel Trophy by getting us lost in the swamps, and now you want me to spend the night here? No way.You can stay here and wait for the bears to eat you: I have to go home and hoover all the crisps crumbs you left all over MY car.

Only I didn't say that. The bear got him first.


repugnant, trajectory, colonic, disfigure, amazement, glory, serendipity, blaze, forlorn, manure.

No comments: