Tuesday 17 May 2011

Autodidact

She was obsessed with learning. A day where she didn't teach herself something was a day wasted. Last week, she learnt everything there is to know about Alaska; and today she worked really hard at improving her German by painfully translating a poem by Rilke. There was only one thing that the autodidact liked as much as learning: it was teaching. Unfortunately, she could only teach things she didn't know herself: the more she learnt, the less she could teach. 

That sucked.


Hélène L.


*  *  *


I’m an autodidact. I am self-taught in the art of self teaching. I alone was able to break down my defences and teach myself new ways of teaching myself. For instance, once I had learned that I could teach myself to be self-taught it was as though the world unfolded itself to me. I could now teach myself to teach myself anything my heart desired. When I found out that to be self-taught was to be an autodidact I knew that there were others who had mastered this skill but few had capitalised on it’s true potential. So I decided to become a guru of self teaching, imparting my self taught knowledge of self teaching to the masses on the self-help seminar circuit. I now rake in a small fortune. God bless America!


Kelli B.

No comments: