Tuesday 31 May 2011

Physiognomy

- I don't understand why Mr Stobbart thought you'd be a good addition to the Phrenology Society of Edinburgh. I am not convinced by what I see, James.
- Please don't call me James, Mr Combe.
- That's Professor Combe to you, James. I am always pleased to share my knowledge with worthy pupils, their background is not relevant to me. I have even taught the basics of our science to my hairdresser who can now use his hands better than a caliper, but I can see strong signs of aggressivity in your physiognomy, which doesn't surprise me, your people being renowned for their belligerence. While combativeness can be an asset in some professions, it is not a trait that I'm looking for in my students. The wideness of your eyes suggests trustworthiness, but it might be due to their blueness, and the physiodelectatiousness in your lower eyelids worries me; I do not like the scenery around your eyes. Those close brows of yours are characteristic of stubbornness. Your facial ratio implies a sanguine temperament that makes me highly uncomfortable. Also, you're standing far too close to my china head.
- Sir...Professor, I agree with you. I do not think I require your teachings. I think I am a natural in your discipline. I can tell from the curve of your mouth that you're a disdainful, pretentious bigot and from your heavy set wrinkles that you've never had a kind thought in your life. I shall tell Mr Stobbart that he should recommend you his hairdresser instead. 

Hélène L.

* * *


No comments: